I’ve decided to take “the morning off” (still have to tutor in a couple of hours but it’s nice to have chill time). Been feeling like a ball in a pin ball machine – bouncing from one place to the other.
We have butternut squash more often (in soup, in this pork roast recipe that we love…). For the stuffing purpose, we used an acorn squash for this recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1 squash (400 g) *You can also use pumpkin or other kinds squash; cook time will vary.
5-6 cremini mushrooms *You can use other kinds of mushrooms
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven for 150 degrees Celsius (or 325 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Cut open the squash (the top) and remove the seeds.
- Brush the inside of the squash with butter. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. For a couple of minutes.
- Add basil to the mushrooms. Cook for another minute or so.
- Put the mushrooms in the half-baked squash. Bake for another 10 minutes.
We love squash and mushrooms! It’s a good side dish. Easy too!
I am participating in the 2011 Walk to Fight Arthritis for my birthday.
Please support me in this cause.