This is one of our favourite salad recipes.
Adapted from Food Cures.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp honey
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 tbsp olive oil
2 bunches of broccoli
1/4 red onion (depending on size) – cut into thin slices
1/2 cup roasted almonds (I roasted mine with some paprika, salt, pepper)
1/2 dried cranberries
125 g goat cheese, crumbled
- Steam the broccoli for 4 minutes. Then rinse in cold water and drain well, put in a bowl, set aside.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Then whisk in the grapeseed oil and olive oil until well blended, set aside.
- Combine the broccoli, onion, almonds and dried cranberries. Add the dressing (or you can wait until you serve to add the dressing). Toss to coat well. Top with goat cheese.
* you can use other oil to substitute for grapeseed oil, the original receipe called for flaxseed oil but I couldn’t find any
* steaming the broccoli is optional (I like my broccoli steamed)
* you can remove the stalks of the broccoli if you wish
This salad is easy to make and delicious. You can also modify it with different nuts and vegetables.