Dumpling wrapper ingredients:
4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/3 tsp of salt
1 and 3/4 cups of cold water (although this is an estimate, basically enough to make it into a dough, not too much that it’s completely wet)
Dumpling filling ingredients:
230g ground pork
60g cabbage, shredded
1 tbsp of ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp sherry (I would have used rice wine, but didn’t have any left.)
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp sesame oil
Pinch of salt
- To make the dumpling wrapper: mix the flour and salt together, slowly add water until a dough is formed. Knead the dough into a smooth ball. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Mix the filling ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Lightly flour the surface of your rolling area. Divide the dough into four smaller doughs, make them into round-ish form. Roll the dough between your hands so that it becomes a long stick of dough, like this.
- Cut the dough into one-inch pieces. Roll each piece into a ball, then use a rolling pin to roll it into thin dumpling wrapper.
- Place a small amount of filling in the wrapper, fold the dumpling into a half-moon shape. You can make fancier looking dumplings (see here or here).
- You can either pan-fry the dumplings or boil it.