This is an easy and delicious recipe, great way to use red and yellow pepper (the grocery store had some Ontario-grown peppers). Originally I was going to use the slow cooker version but didn’t have time to prep it during the day. Instead I used the oven. Adapted from this recipe.
2 red pepper
2 yellow pepper
1 lb. ground beef, lean
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cups cooked rice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
a dash of parsley, oregano, and basil
2/3 large jar spaghetti sauce (I used the Classico brand)
- Cook rice: I used the rice cooker to make the rice.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brown the ground beef. Set aside.
- Remove the top, seeds and membrane of the peppers.
- Mix together tomato sauce and spices, divide the mixture in half. Mix together ground beef, 1/2 of the tomato sauce, and spices.
- Stuff the peppers evenly. Bake for one hour, baste with remaining sauce.
* You can substitute the ground beef with ground turkey