I usually plan our meals so that we use everything up by the end of the week. For example, if I am using spinach in one dish, and since they come in big bunches, I will include another meal that uses up the spinach. I’ve been so busy lately with the “new” job that I haven’t been planning meals as well as before.
Two weeks ago, I had (at the end of the week) one head of broccoli, one piece of salmon, and a lot of eggs. I could have just made baked salmon, steamed broccoli, and rice, but I was feeling adventurous (and also the hubby gets tired of having rice too much). I thought about making a quiche, however I wasn’t up for making the pie shell. Then I remembered that A Dash of Zest posted a frittata recipe recently and I thought I would create something similar using broccoli and salmon.
1 salmon fillet (cooked – I usually bake it with lemon & dill)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Dill (depends on your taste)
6 eggs (increase/decrease based on how much other “stuff” you have)
1 head of broccoli, chopped
Red pepper flakes (a dash)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
Lemon juice & lemon rind
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix salmon, broccoli, parmesan cheese, eggs, dill, red pepper flakes, lemon, lemon rind, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil, in a oven safe skillet over medium heat, until onion is translucent.
- Stir in the salmon mixture and cook for 5-6 minutes, stir it a little at the beginning and flake the sides.
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let it stand for 2 minutes.
Easy to make and doesn’t take long! It also fed us up to 4 meals! (Great for leftover!)