Adapted from Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Fun & Fast Recipes‘s Pepper-Jack Chicken with Succotash
Total Time (cooking & preparation): 40 minutes
1/2 cup of cream cheese (I would use a little less next time)
4 cups of baby arugula, chopped
2 (12 oz or 340 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1-2 tablespoon of Montreal chicken seasoning (or Cajun spices)*
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the cream cheese and arugula in a bowl. Set aside.
- Make a slit in each chicken breast to create a 2-inch pocket. Stuff the breasts with the arugula mixture.
- Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and other seasoning*.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat until hot. Cook the chicken on one side for 3-4 minutes, until blackened, then flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Insert a meat thermometer. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until thermometer reached the appropriate temperature.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and slice the chicken.
This is a very easy recipe (and not time-consuming) that looks and tastes impressive. I like the flavour of arugula stuffed in the chicken. Next time, I will try a different type of cheese.