For our CSA share this week, we received a bunch of kale and asparagus. Kale is not my husband’s favourite vegetable but he enjoyed both of the kale dishes I made this week.
Kale-Chickpea with Rice/Couscous
- 1 bunch of kale – cut stem into 1 cm pieces and cut leaves into ribbons
- 1 can of chickpea – rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato – diced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 onion – chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rice or couscous to serve with
- Heat oil in medium-high heat, then fry the onion.
- Stir in the kale stems and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the kale leaves, tomatoes, and chickpea. Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve with rice or couscous.
Kale & Asparagus Pasta Alfredo
I followed the recipe for A Dash of Zest’s Kale & Asparagus Pasta Alfredo. The only changes I made were using green onion and pea shoot greens as garnish (both from our CSA share).